I had to be at the downtown campus for 8:30 and left there at 9:15 to get back to the main campus for a 10:00 am - 12:00 pm meeting. Then I scarfed down some lunch so I could squeeze in a 20 minute walk before heading off to a 1:30pm meeting. That lasted till 2:15; then back to my office for a few minutes before heading to the Legislative Building for a protocol briefing for all Consular Corps officers and reception with the Premier at 5:30pm.
There were some ministers also present and a surprise visitor - Former Quebec Premier Jean Charest.
Now, how did I handle eating on a busy day of back to back meetings? I started out with a good breakfast and had 2 cups of tea between breakfast and lunch. I had a good lunch and between the afternoon meeting and going to the legislature, I had a few grape tomatoes with slivers of cheese. At the legislature, there was coffee and cookies but I had only half a cup of coffee with milk. No cookies. At the reception, there was:
- Red and white wine. Rejected.
- Sliders with meat and white bread. Rejected.
- Small containers of tiramisu. Rejected.
- White bread pizza pieces with cream cheese and veggies. Rejected.
- San Pelegrino water. I had a glass.
- Loonie sized chicken pieces and dip. I had two with no dip.
- Shooters of shepherd's pie. made with small amounts of meat topped with potato. I had two of those.
- Olives and pickles. I had one olive.
This is the end of my 4 days of removing sugar mimics from my diet. Tomorrow I can eat some fruit and I thought I would be looking forward to it much more than I actually am. Maybe tomorrow I may feel differently. I have already made my oatmeal breakfast and I've already made my lunch so I may not be wanting the fruit.